Don't have an account yet?
Know Your Size
Know your size
To ensure that our garments fit you well, it is important that you pick the right size. In India, we do not have a uniform size code based on anthropometric studies. Each brand is left to its own methods to arrive at a suitable size set. After extensive research we have devised a size set that has been honed to perfection in the last 11 years.
If you have worn a Mantra earlier, you don’t have to go through the elaborate ritual that we have suggested below. But if you have gained/lost weight or if you are planning to buy a Mantra for the first time, we’d advise you to follow one of these procedures –
- A good measuring tape(in inches)
- A note pad
- A patient friend
- Wear well fitted clothes. Measurement taken over baggy or heavy clothes like jeans or corduroys can be misleading.
- Stand up straight against a wall and spread your arms out wide
- Ask your friend to measure you
- Jot down the measurements in inches in the given format.
Overall garment measurements must be 1-2 inches morethan your body measurements at the chest and waist level and about 1inch more at the hip level for a comfortable fit. If you prefer a more roomy fit, you must pick a size that is about 3 inches more than your body measurements at chest and waist level and about 2 inches more at the hip level.
MEASURING YOUR KURTA
- Choose a kurta from your wardrobe that fits you well.
- Measure it from side seam to side seam at the relevant levels. (See illustration)
- Pick a size that has similar measurements. (Refer seam to seam measurements in our chart)
SEND US YOUR MEASUREMENTS
Send us your measurements to email@example.com and we will suggest a size within 24 hours.
Size charts - Mantra
Our size chart has 3 measurements in each category.
- Body measurements - circumference of the body at that level.
- Garment measurements – circumference of the garment at that level which should be about 1-2 inches more than your body measurements.
- Garment measurements (front only) – Seam to seam measurements of the front side of the garment.
No two bodies are alike, but we can classify them broadly into a few categories.
Your body type would be -
- Apple – if your chest measures wider than your hip.
- Pear – if your hip measures wider than your chest.
- Hour glass -- if your chest and hip measurements are almost the same and you have a very narrow waist.
- Banana – if your chest and hip measurements are the same and your waist is just an inch or so narrower.
Our sizes will suit you best if you are a pear type (thankfully most Indian women fall into this category) or an hour glass type. If you are a banana type, our sizes will fit you but will be a bit loose at the waist. If you are an apple type, you will not be happy with our fit. We plan to come up with a size set to suit your body type later, but for now, we are sorry to disappoint you.